Subject: Re: Install on SGI O2 w IP32
To: None <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/14/2005 00:56:16
In article <26409.194.78.134.82.1126623392.squirrel@artax.belgoline.com>
maillist@belgoline.com wrote:

> 1) hinv reports 1gb, netbsd kernel only 256mb. Found this:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sgimips/2004/03/24/0000.html anyone
> knows about changes on that point until now?

No changes, until someone implements real mips64 support.
(maybe we should take a look openbsd/mips64)

> 2) shall I be punished for ignoring 'crime: cpu error 4 at address
> 45be130' in syslog?

I guess there is something wrong around R1x000 cache ops,
but I have no idea about fixes.

> Actually I'd really like to know what this crime
> device is :)

See crime(4) man page.

> fine. however, when connected to a hub it chooses half-duplex
> allright, but the net performance is crappy and I get in syslog:
>   Sep 11 10:39:03  /netbsd: mec0: device timeout
>   Sep 11 10:39:36  last message repeated 2 times
>   Sep 11 10:44:45  last message repeated 2 times
> any easy solutions for that?

Hmm, what does "ifconfig mec0" say?

> 4) shall I be punished for ignoring 'arplookup: unable to enter address
> for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx@00:12:17:51:e0:f1 on mec0 (host is not on local
> network)'. The address mentioned, appears to be the public address of the
> machine that nats for the NetBSD box...

I'm not sure if it's mec specific. Does it occur on tl(4) too?

> 5) everybody ignores 'pci_addr_fixup' right?

It's just info, not a warning. Maybe we could wrap
those printf messages with #ifdef DEBUG, though.
---
Izumi Tsutsui