Subject: bootable 3.0_BETA CD-ROM image
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/11/2005 05:50:36
In article <20040929052511.GE4253@rezrov.net>
wileyc@rezrov.net wrote:

> * investigate the ahc "resource shortage" errors on IP32 that prevent installs
>   from CDROM

I've managed to track this problem and put a new bootable cdimage
of 3.0_BETA (no xsets, sorry):
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/tsutsui/sgimipscd-3.0_BETA.iso.gz

It's not ahc(4) specific (also happens on esiop(4)), and only occurs
on CD-ROM which has SGI volhdr. The problem is caused by inconsistency
of blocksize (512 or 2048) handling on ARCBIOS (volhdr), MD disklabel(9)
and MI cd(4), but I'm still wondering how to fix/handle it properly.

I'll post more details after some sleep...
---
Izumi Tsutsui