Subject: Re: bootable iso image
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Max Matveev <makc@gmx.co.uk>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 07/05/2005 15:31:57
>>>>> "martin" == Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> writes:

 martin> On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 01:07:17PM +0300, Antti Kantee wrote:
 >> Try ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/iso/2.0.2/sgimipscd.iso
 >>
 >> I haven't personally used it, but I guess it should work.  See also the
 >> section on bootable cd's from the install notes.

 martin> I don't think that ISO is bootable. The framework used by
 martin> releng does not handle the sgi volume header stuff
 martin> (yet). Maybe this will change in time for 3.0.

You don't need volume header to boot from a CD - prom is capable for
reading SGI EFS from a media so as long as CDROM drive can support 512
blocks you should be able to boot from it if you write your install
image in EFS.

On the other hand, I've not seen an SGI prom which could grok ISO.

max