Subject: Re: Booting Indy off NetBSD 2.0.2 SGIMIPS CD
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Phil Botha <phil@assetsure.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 05/23/2005 16:59:23
Had an 18-hour power failure since last post.

Downloaded the 3.99 snapshot, burned it using K3b -complained "Seems not to be
a usable image" set K3b to ISO9660 and raw, and hey presto! it worked.

Booted the Indy, used the fb, not serial console; console a bit wonky with
green text about some interrupt problem(sorry, I forget the exact words)

Luckily I remember the installer sequence well enough to semi-blind- type
bullshit my way through up to the point where the install medium for the sets
is picked. I then inserted the (non-bootable) 2.0.2 cd, and completed the
install with no errors.

Thank-you to whoever had the foresight to put the aoutboot-kernel on as well
by default, since the "netbsd" kernel did not work, and I had to specify
aoutboot in the PROM.

Now that it boots and runs, I can start setting everything else up.

Thanks for the help, guys.

Regards,
Phil Botha
Registered Linux User No. 275848  www.counter.li.org

CapeAds sucks; use http://capetown.craigslist.org
Place AND READ ads for free. Spread the word...