Subject: Problems installing NetBSD in an Indigo IP20
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Torrano <marctm@gmail.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 05/10/2005 12:48:10
Hi all!!

I'm trying to install NetBSD 2.0 in an Indigo, but I think I've
arrived to a dead-point.

The installation method I'm using is DHCP/TFTP. All seems to be OK and
after getting the kernel the system started to process the file (the
system echoed the hardware found ...). But suddenly, the system
doesn't respond neither the keyboard nor the mouse. Sometimes I can
see "Terminal type? [vt100]", but I can make no choice. But not always
I can arrive to this point.

I post the replies to hinv and printenv commands.

I'm a newbie in NetBSD, so any comment will be very welcome!!

Marc

>> hinv
                   System: IP20
                Processor: R4000 50 Mhz, with FPU
     Primary I-cache size: 8 Kbytes
     Primary D-cache size: 8 Kbytes
     Secondary cache size: 1024 Kbytes
              Memory size: 160 Mbytes
                 Graphics: GR2-XS24 with Z-buffer
                SCSI Disk: scsi(0)disk(1)
>> printenv
SystemPartition=3Dbootp():
OSLoadPartition=3Dscsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(0)
OSLoader=3Dsash     #boot or netbsd
OSLoadFilename=3Dnetbsde
OSLoadOptions=3Dauto
AutoLoad=3DYes