Subject: Re: corrupted X sets (WAS: Installing NetBSD on Indigo 2)
To: Thierry Lacoste <th.lacoste@wanadoo.fr>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/28/2005 20:53:38
On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 06:33:46PM +0200, Thierry Lacoste wrote:
> There seems to be some corruped sets in the cd image from
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/sgimips/snapshot/bootable-cd-3.99.3

Interesting - the original CD I burned from the image before uploading
has xserver.tgz unreadable as well - there must have gone something wrong
in the CD creation process. xetc.tgz is ok, xfont.tgz and xserver.tgz
are broken, and both seem to have very high inode numbers - maybe the
image is truncated somehow, or the final 32kb padding goes to the wrong
address (due to the sgi volumeheader).

I'm sorry for the inconvenience - I'll see if I can do anything soon to
fix this.

Martin