Subject: Re: Installing NetBSD on Indigo 2 says "int0: unexpected local0 interrupt
To: Volkmar Seifert <v.seifert@seyecon.de>
From: Thierry Lacoste <th.lacoste@wanadoo.fr>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/28/2005 15:12:52
> > Same for me on an IP22 indy.
> > The installation with a serial console worked fine.
> > Same problem when booting the installed system
> > while it works fine with a serial console.
>
> Hmm...ok, did you try installing / running an X-Server to see whether
> the problem just appears in textmodes?

I didn't try because I have only 500MB on my disk.
OK. I'll add an external disk and try to install/run X.
I'll let you know the result.
> In that case, I might try installing via serial console (can anyone tell
> me where to find a description for null-modem-cables between Indigo 2
> and an i386-PC or a SPARC IPX?) and switching to X later on.
I found that cable in the the music department of a big computer store here
in Paris ; you might be able to find one.
I have no description of the cable at the moment.
Check http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/Hardware/Misc/serial.html

Regards,
Thierry.