Subject: Re: bootable install cd for o2?
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/21/2005 19:05:47
On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 08:35:17AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:

> It should be the right image. It is not a pure ISO image, but you
> should just burn it on CD anyway (i.e. just don't care about the .iso name
> and the gory details).

Er, no.  The official CDROM images are not bootable.  They use the
distrib/cdrom methodology, which creates a standard ISO image without the
volhdr hackery necessary to do the right thing.

Bootable images can be created via the iso-image target in etc.

I raised this issue with releng awhile back -- their position is that
distrib/cdrom is what is used for their builds, so all magic needs to be
there.

I have lacked the time to retrofit the bootable goo into their framework ...
--

-- Chris
	GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5  938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F)