Subject: bootable install cd for o2?
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Tresi Arvizo <tarvizo@gmail.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/20/2005 16:33:06
Hello,

I was wondering which image I should be using to create a bootable
cdrom to install netbsd on my o2.
=20
The installation instructions[1] say that the bootable image isn't a
normal iso, but instead has a "SGI Volume Header".  However, the
sgimips iso image listed at [2] looks to be a real iso.  Should I
instead be using [3], unzipped and burnt to cd?
=20
If [2] isn't the bootable cdrom image, what use is it?  If it's the
right thing to be using, then the install instructions are incorrect.=20
If the right image isn't iso, should I be able to burn it to cd with
cdrecord?
=20

Tresi
=20
[1] ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-2.0.2/sgimips/INSTALL.html#Insta=
ll%20via%20a%20bootable%20CD-ROM
[2] ftp://iso.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/iso/2.0.2/sgimipscd.iso
[3] ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-2.0.2/sgimips/installation/diski=
mage/diskimage.gz