Subject: Re: SGI Indy full-screen console mode
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org, mdehling@math.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
From: Dimitrios Apostolou <jimis@gmx.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/05/2005 07:28:09
>> I looked up the values in Linux kernel 2.4.28; they have:
>> --- /src/linux-2.4.28/drivers/video/newport_cons.c
>> static int xcurs_correction = 29;
>>
>> if (board_rev == 3)     /* I don't know all affected revisions */
>> 	xcurs_correction = 21;
>> ---
>>
>> But as mentioned in the code, they dont know the values either.
>> Still, (board_rev == 3) is very different from (board_rev < 6).
>
> The Linux test is certainly wrong, that I am quite sure of. Can't say
> much about our test being correct either, though. The documentation is
> rather non-existent on this bug. The test *should* probably use VC2
> revision rather than board revision, but I've no idea about the values
> to use in that case.

Hello list,

I 'm just posting to share my (first NetBSD) experience. It installed
fast and easily on an SGI Indy but I experience the exact same problem
on the console. Is a solution found? I ought to say though that on the
same machine Debian linux runs without any such problems.

Hope that helps,
Dimitris

P.S. Please cc replies directly to me because I'm not subscribed to the
list.