Subject: Re: SGI Indy full-screen console mode
To: port-sgimips <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 12/26/2004 17:31:46
Michal Wirksi wrote:

> When I type a letter at the shell prompt, the letter  that was just
> typed is hidden by the cursor, to see that letter I have to type in a
> new letter.
>
> I tried both vt100 and vt220 terminal emulation. I dont know if the
> problem is with wscons, gettytab or tty.

It's a problem with the newport driver.

> Is anyone having the same problem?

Yes. Me.

Which revision does your NG1 board have? Mine is revision 5:
---8<--
newport0 at gio0 slot 2 addr 0x1f000000: SGI NG1 (board revision 5,
cmap revision 5, xmap revision 5, vc2 revision 0), depth 8
---8<---

Christopher Sekiya suggested a fix, which worked for me, in
http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/port-sgimips/2004/11/12/0000.html,
but it was never committed to the source tree...

--
   _  Frank Wille (frank@phoenix.owl.de)
_ //  http://devnull.owl.de/~frank/