Subject: booting CDROM
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Paolo Supino <vrkid0@gmail.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 12/23/2004 14:14:34
Hi

  I tried installing NetBSD (1.6.2 and 2) on an Indy (IP22) from CDROM
(burned the ISO image). in the PROM I gave the following command:
"boot -f scsi(0)cdrom(5)rdisk(0)partition(8)ip2xboot". A few seconds
later I recevied the following error:"dks0d5s8: volume header not
valid. Unable to load scsi(0)cdrom(5)rdisk(0)partition(8)ip2xboot no
recognizable file system or device". After burning the CDROM (which
was done on a PC running Debian Linux) I successfully mounted the
iso9660 filesystem that is located on the CDROM.
I hope this is enough information. What am I doing wrong?

Paolo