Subject: r5k indy update
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 12/08/2004 21:10:03
All,

I've procured a r5ksc module for my Indy, did a full installation from the
2.0 release branch, and stress-tested memory/CPU/SCSI by doing parallel
compiles from pkgsrc.

Initially, I had issues with cache panics.  I replaced the (Compaq surplus)
RAM, and the panics went away.

It's been twelve hours, and it hasn't died.  I strongly suspect that the r5k
errors experienced by others are due to RAM issues -- IRIX might be more
forgiving than NetBSD in this area.

On a related note, I've put an image of the Indy -011 bootrom (necessary for
r5k operation) at http://www.rezrov.net/bootroms/

Thanks to Scott for the modules and known-good RAM,
--

-- Chris
	GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5  938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F)