Subject: Re: Problems with 2.0RC4 on my Indy
To: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
From: dieter <dieter.R@pandora.be>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/28/2004 13:40:50
On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Christopher SEKIYA wrote:

>> indeed detected as revision 7. However, when I have the
>> cursor-over-last-character problem you are seeing, it was detected as a
>> revision 3 board.
>
> The version probe is non-deterministic?!?

Apparently. I'll probably put irix back on the disk to see what it
reports (and if it's always the same). Maybe I can also run some
testprogram which does what NetBSD does to detect the boardrev?

The trouble is that I don't have an irix installation cd, only an image of
the original disk contents. So it can take a while before I get to it...

>> At least I have a way to hack around it then. :)
>
> Right, but it's not going to help you very much, if the version probe isn't
> working properly.  You'll have to keep a local tree and use locally-compiled
> kernels ...

Not much of a problem, but if I can help improve NetBSD by helping to find
a real fix (if this is a bug in NetBSD and not in my hw), I'd be glad to.

Kind regards,
dieter

--

 	There is virtue in doing the right thing just for
 	the sake of doing it right.  -- Nicholas Petreley