Subject: Re: Problems with 2.0RC4 on my Indy
To: port-sgimips <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: dieter <dieter.R@pandora.be>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/27/2004 22:43:12
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Frank Wille wrote:

>> I see that too, but not always. On some boots everything is fine. I
>> didn't yet find a pattern though.
>
> Strange. But you have a revision 7 board, which should have no
> problems.

I hadn't noticed it before but when the cursor is offset ok, my card is
indeed detected as revision 7. However, when I have the
cursor-over-last-character problem you are seeing, it was detected as a
revision 3 board. At least I have a way to hack around it then. :)

> Nevertheless, I think the cursor positioning code in gio/newport.c
> should be changed for revision 5.

Probably. IIRC Christopher said he was going to.

Kind regards,
dieter

--

 	There is virtue in doing the right thing just for
 	the sake of doing it right.  -- Nicholas Petreley