Subject: Re: Indy r4k/r5k crashes -- test kernel
To: port-sgimips <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/12/2004 20:51:40
Christopher SEKIYA wrote:

> Those of you that have been seeing random crashes on r4000 and r5000
> Indys, please download and try this kernel:
>
>  http: //www.rezrov.net/netbsd/test.gz
>
> Let me know if it works.  Let me know if it doesn't work.

It makes no difference. Maybe the system seems to be a bit
slower, but this is most likely imagination.

The crashes are as frequent as with the old RC4 kernel.
Same segfault addresses (mostly 0x5ffexxxx).

When there is any new kernel to test, please tell me. I will
have some more time over the weekend now.

I will also try to get my Sparcstation 5 compile an sgimips
kernel, to make some own experiments and debugging, but don't
hold your breath for that... ;)

--
   _  Frank Wille (frank@phoenix.owl.de)
_ //  http://devnull.owl.de/~frank/