Subject: Re: Status of the Indigo2 R10K port?
To: None <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 08/22/2004 16:24:30
--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

Steve Rumble <rumble@ephemeral.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 08:17:13PM -0400, Mark KAHRS wrote:
> >=20
> > What's the status of this port?  I see it's under construction...
>=20
> I think that's a bit of a euphemism. Chris SEKIYA is working on a
> 64bit bootloader for the Octane. Once that's running it may be
> fairly trivial to get a 32bit kernel booted, but those could be
> famous last words. AFAIK nobody is actively working on this
> specific machine.=20

I have an Octane that I would happily donate to a NetBSD developer to
further the support of this machine.  Due to the weight, it would need
to be picked up, though.  Any developers (travelling) in the NY area can
contact me off-list.

-Jan

--=20
Tradition is the illusion of permanence. -- Woody Allen

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr--