Subject: O2 boot problems
To: None <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Joseph Key <jkey@tomobiki.dyndns.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 08/05/2004 02:54:17
I picked up a SGI O2 with 64 meg of memory, the sound board and a 200 mhz processor. I've been
trying to install netbsd on it with no luck. First I started with the boot cd from
http://www.rezrov.net/netbsd/sgimips-2.0 after finding the correct boot command (boot -f
pci(0)scsi(0)cdrom(4)rdisk(0)partition(8)ip3xboot) I was able to get sysinst program running. I
get as far as unpacking the kernel. At this point I get the cd0(ahc0:0:4:0): adapter resource
shortage error and that is a far as it can go.

So then I tried tftp booting the install kernel and loading from cd0. I get a similar error now it
is sd0(ahc0:0:1:0): adapter resource shortage.

Next I tried booting the netbsd-GENERIC32-ip3x.gz through tftp. I got the kernel to boot but the
ethernet port isn't detected so I can't mount the nfs root file system.

Do I need to install a seperate pci network card to get the nfs root to work? Any work arounds for
the adapter resource shortage problem?

Thanks
Joseph Key