Subject: Re: dangerous keystrokes from INDY graphics console
To: James B. Wilkinson <jimmy@cs.cofc.edu>
From: Steve Rumble <rumble@ephemeral.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 07/08/2004 22:02:22
--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 08:53:37PM -0400, James B. Wilkinson wrote:
> I don't have to have this running for a couple of months yet. Is=20
> there a chance that the 2.0 release will be ready by then? I ask=20
> because I'm a total novice with NetBSD (lots of experience with=20
> Ultrix and some with FreeBSD), and doing the install that I did=20
> wasn't all that much fun. If I hadn't found a bootable CD image on=20
> the Web, I don't think I could have done it. Or did I miss something=20
> obvious?

I believe that the estimated 2.0 release date exists somewhere in
August. However, it has been pushed back before, and I don't
believe that it's carved in stone right now.

The 2.0 branch, while presently beta, is really very stable and
I would suggest starting from there immediately. Any changes
between the present code and 2.0's release will primarily be
minimal, or critical bug fixes.

While there aren't any bootable isos of the latest code that I
know of, I'm sure somebody here will gladly create one. It looks
like Chris will have a snapshot up soon. Moving to an iso from
there or netbooting an install shouldn't be difficult.

> Thanks guys. The students won't be grateful :-) but I sure am.

As a student I certainly appreciate breaks from wintel and lintel
machines ;)

Cheers,
Steve

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO