Subject: Re: kernel freeze on Indy
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 06/21/2004 23:56:26
In message <1gfrga9.r3pbm61gstkkbM%manu@netbsd.org>, you write:

-> > What CPU is in your Indy?  What about secondary cache?  My theory is
-> > that this is just the manifestation of the same problem as other people
-> > have reported where they get cache errors and panic because of them.
->
-> cpu0 at mainbus0: MIPS R5000 CPU (0x2310) Rev. 1.0 with built-in FPU
-> Rev. 1.0
-> cpu0: 32KB/32B 2-way set-associative L1 Instruction cache, 48 TLB
-> entries
-> cpu0: 32KB/32B 2-way set-associative write-back L1 Data cache

Hmm, I believe this the same issue... I think Simon posted a similar
note about one of his L2-less MIPS machines (though in that case it
might have been caused by csh -- which is the other place this has
been seen pretty commonly); you could dig through mail-index for
port-mips and port-sgimips for the last month or so if you can
get there (I can't right now).

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@pobox.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill