Subject: Re: kernel freeze on Indy
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@NetBSD.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 06/21/2004 10:29:27
In message <1gfmnmb.nfbnyi165ireqM%manu@netbsd.org>, you write:

-> It seems there are many troubles around sgimips, but I haven't seen
-> report of that one:
->
-> NetBSD-2.0 branch as of 2004/06/12: kernel gets easily frozen. This was
-> not happenning a few months ago on -current. I can reproduce it: I just
-> have to throw two SSH connexion to the machine. The second one will
-> freeze the kernel.

This sounds suspiciously like the bug that's been being hashed out for
a long time here (and still nobody's gotten to the bottom of, though I
am as guilty as anyone else of not having had the time to spend poking
at it).

What CPU is in your Indy?  What about secondary cache?  My theory is
that this is just the manifestation of the same problem as other people
have reported where they get cache errors and panic because of them.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@pobox.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill