Subject: Re: NetBSD/sgimips 2-0 very stable on INDY (with exceptions)
To: sgimips NetBSD list <sgimips@mrynet.com>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 05/31/2004 11:40:54
On Sun May 30 2004 at 19:55:00 -0500, sgimips NetBSD list wrote:
> I've just completed a full 2-0 release build on my INDY R5K running 2-0.
> Everything built fine, and the machine is quite stable with the
> exceptions mentioned below:
>
>         1. Using csh(1) as a login shell or as "csh -l" will still
>            panic the kernel
>         2. Running ftpd(8) will still panic the kernel when it is invoked.
>         3. Running sshd(8) will still panic the kernel when it is invoked.
>
> Heeding the above-mentioned warnings results is a rock-solid machine.

Heh, well, if you don't turn the machine on at all it's pretty rock-solid
also ;)

But thanks for testing.  I'll hopefully manage to do the IP12 pullup-tests
for 2-0 some day and see how it performs.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/