Subject: Re: NetBSD/sgimips building again; csh, ftpd and sshd still panic
To: sgimips NetBSD list <sgimips@mrynet.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 05/28/2004 16:01:34
sgimips NetBSD list wrote:

> I'm now running the 2-0 branch on an INDY.
>
> It is extremely stable now.   I'm 50% done with a release build running
> a 2-0 sgimips snapshot I cvs'd and built this morning.  Hopefully this
> will complete successfully.
>
> I even installed it from CD!   I did get one odd panic (lost the info)
> but that was performing an upgrade and occured while /etc was being
> updated.   I'll look at that this weekend and see if it is reproducible.
>
> However, "csh -l", sshd and ftpd all still cause the same panic as previously
> reported.  Haven't found anything else that causes panics.
>
> You know, I see a commonality there... Login accounting?   wtmp?  lastlog?
>
> I should also further mention that the NetBSD/sgimips tree is building fully
> again, if the implication wasn't obvious.

At least on sbmips, the csh problem is actually caused by a fragment
of /root/.login.  If I type it by hand, it also happens:

	rhone# eval `tset -sQrm 'unknown:?unknown'`
	pid 334 (csh), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
	Badly placed ()'s.

Simon.
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/