Subject: Re: panic: cache error -- on R5k INDY
To: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/26/2004 20:22:16
wileyc@rezrov.net said:
> it's interesting that it broke after the siginfo stuff was committed.

These siginfo changes only repaired cases where the previous code
did _definitely_ panic. So, if I didn't botch something, things
shouldn't have gotten worse.

> Nobody has actually tested other mips3 platforms?

I've tested these changes on a pmax (R3000+3010). While the si_code
isn't correct for fp errors, the box didn't crash in any of the tests
I tried.

I don't know what a "cache error" means exactly, but shouldn't
an error caused by invalid memory accesses look diffently?
So it might be rather platform specific...

best regards
Matthias