Subject: Re: panic: cache error -- on R5k INDY
To: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/26/2004 21:54:29
On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 12:20:34PM +0300, Antti Kantee wrote:

> Hmm, interesting.  I'd still say that the kernel is deathly sick here.
> Perhaps the new libc is only triggering a previously unseen bug.

Maybe, but it's interesting that it broke after the siginfo stuff was committed.

(anyone on port-mips want to chime in here?  The silence is deafening)

> I wonder why this isn't showing up on other mips3 platform.

Nobody has actually tested other mips3 platforms?  Wouldn't be the first time.
It's also interesting that the problem mysteriously disappeared; perhaps
someone should diff libc/arch/mips between the death date and when it started
working again.

> Perhaps ip22_cache.S is to blame?

On a r5k?  Not likely -- the r4600 code won't be invoked.

> Does a PR for this already exist?  I couldn't find one.

Scott, would you mind filing one?  I'm still stuck in the datacenter, won't
see my Indy for another couple of days at least.

-- Chris
	GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5  938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F)