Subject: Re: panic: cache error -- on R5k INDY
To: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
From: sgimips NetBSD list <sgimips@mrynet.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/24/2004 16:52:38
On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at  2:37pm, Christopher SEKIYA wrote:
> Subject: Re: panic: cache error -- on R5k INDY

WELL...

It's not the kernel, per se.   Or maybe it is.

If I boot any of the failing kernels with my disk containing a
1.6ZK filesystem and files, it works just fine.

If I boot ANY kernel (tested from current back to 1.6ZK) with the
current or 2.0 releng filesystems, the failure occurs.

So, something in the filesystem or daemons or libraries or something
is causing the actual problem.  Thus, it doesn't appear to be a change
to the kernel, but something in the other binaries or the filesystem
itself is my ignorant guess.

I'll move /etc/init and a few libraries around and see what I can narrow
down unless someone else can suggest a more intelligent approach to
tracking this down.

-scott