Subject: Re: panic: cache error -- on R5k INDY
To: sgimips NetBSD list <sgimips@mrynet.com>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/23/2004 14:37:18
On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 10:02:44PM -0500, sgimips NetBSD list wrote:

> spurious interrupt, ipending 4000
> panic: cache error @ EPC 0x882ada30 ErrCtl 0x3 CacheErr 0xa002528b
> Stopped in pid 266.1 (csh) at   0x882af538:     jr      ra
>                 bdslot: nop

That's a bus error also (I haven't submitted a pullup request for the imc
buserror handling routine).

Even though you aren't seeing the bus error message in all instances, I think
it's all caused by an illegal memory access through the bus_space routines --
sometimes the cache error caused by the illegal access panics the box before
the buserror routine can print something out.

I'm right in the middle of a big datacenter migration right now (typing this
from a laptop while squatting in the half-built machine room -- at least
Internet connectivity works).  I might not have a chance to look at this in
depth until a few days later.

-- Chris