Subject: Re: total/avail memory message (Re: CVS commit: src/sys/arch)
To: Izumi Tsutsui <>
From: Rafal Boni <>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/05/2004 10:03:47
In message <>, you write:

-> In article <
-> t>
-> wrote:
-> > That's fine, though I *do* like the one-line version... I can see how
-> > the one you propose might make it slightly easier to parse it out if
-> > you have tools chewing dmesg output, but very slightly :-)
-> >
-> > In any case, I don't see any problems with changing it if people feel
-> > it gives them some benefit.
-> Well, just I suggest this change because most (all?) other ports
-> uses the latter for total/avail memory message.
-> The only difference is sgimips also has info about ARCS.
-> (while alpha also has a line for SRM)

Yeah, I think consistency in this case is probably better than brevity of
the output.

Rafal Boni
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill