Subject: Re: total/avail memory message (Re: CVS commit: src/sys/arch)
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/05/2004 10:03:47
In message <040405071737.M0121345@mirage.ceres.dti.ne.jp>, you write:

-> In article <200404041801.i34I1dUp007777@fearless-vampire-killer.waterside.ne
-> t>
-> rafal@pobox.com wrote:
->
-> > That's fine, though I *do* like the one-line version... I can see how
-> > the one you propose might make it slightly easier to parse it out if
-> > you have tools chewing dmesg output, but very slightly :-)
-> >
-> > In any case, I don't see any problems with changing it if people feel
-> > it gives them some benefit.
->
-> Well, just I suggest this change because most (all?) other ports
-> uses the latter for total/avail memory message.
-> The only difference is sgimips also has info about ARCS.
-> (while alpha also has a line for SRM)

Yeah, I think consistency in this case is probably better than brevity of
the output.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@pobox.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill