Subject: Re: 2.0 on indy fails
To: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/04/2004 13:25:02
On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 08:30:20PM +0900, Christopher SEKIYA wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 11:28:00AM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>
> > CPU Parity Error Interrupt
> > Local I/O interrupt register 2: 0x20 <DUART>
> > CPU parity error register: 0x304<B2,MEM_PAR>
> > CPU parity error: address: 0x8a8a210 <SIMM S2>
>
> That doesn't look good.
>
> > Looks like a problem with a SIMM, isn't it ?
>
> I concur.  Bad SIMM started generating bus errors, but the bus handler
> wasn't hooked into the ISR ...

Well, after a power cycle it's working fine again.
I have a sun 3/60 on the same power socket which also shows a strange behavior
since about the same time. Maybe there was a power glitch.

Anyway, I booted a kernel with your patch and it doesn't seem to cause any
problems, so please commit it.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>