Subject: Re: mozille trouble again
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Florian_St=F6hr?= <netbsd@wolfnode.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/26/2004 10:22:33
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Christopher SEKIYA wrote:

> (cross-posted to port-mips as it is most likely a MIPS issue rather than
> a sgimips issue)
>
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 07:07:04PM +0100, Florian St?hr wrote:
>
> > just installed -current for sgimips. Now I finally made it - with the
> > newest pkgsrc from yesterday - to compile the MozillaFirebird.
> >
> > But this package with neither install nor run. System crashes and reboots
> > without any message.
> >
> > So I wonder: Is the ANYBODY outside in the NetBSD world who successfully
> > runs ANY of the mozilla's on the /sgimips ?!?
>
> I've built and attempted to run mozilla on -current/sgimips.  It locks the
> machine hard.
>
> I suspect that pthreads are broken on MIPS -- a week or two ago, someone else
> on port-sgimips noted that a simple pthread example program would kill the
> machine.
>
> Do any MIPS gurus have the time to look at this?  I'm not exactly qualified to
> go rooting around in what is probably going to be pmap code ...
>
> -- Chris
> 	GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5  938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F)

Hi,

hey, you're right. I just wrote a litte pthread test program - and the
machine dies. Damned, since the 1.6.1 will also not compile the mozilla
(assembler error !).

Thanks for pointing it out.

So I guess I'll have to wait until this is fixed :-(

To the MIPS gurus working to fix this: I'd like to help on this one. I can
grant root access to this locking machine for debugging. Crash can be done
quickly with my test program.

Thanks
Florian