Subject: Re: IP20 compile woes
To: Steve Rumble <rumble@ephemeral.org>
From: Gerald heinig <Gerald.Heinig@ngi.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/14/2004 13:56:52
Steve Rumble wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 10:36:31PM -0500, Steve Rumble wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 11:08:05PM +0100, Gerald heinig wrote:
> > > Has anyone tried to compile a kernel natively yet?
> >
> > I've just started a build with late December sources. I'll post
> > my results if/when it completes.
>
> GENERIC_IP2x just finished a little while ago -- no problems
> here.
>
> Did you get new memory? Perhaps that too is bad, or something
> else in the machine is starting to flake out.

Yes, I got new memory, and the compilation dies in exactly the same
place. This is 32 Mb, before I had 64 Mb in it. There's absolutely no
difference, so I strongly suspect something else.
Chris Sekiya suggested a CPU overheating due to badly placed heatsink.
I'll give that a try.

If all else fails, it's time to get a new (old) machine :)

Thanks for your help

Gerald