Subject: Re: IP20 compile woes
To: Gerald heinig <Gerald.Heinig@ngi.de>
From: Steve Rumble <rumble@ephemeral.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/13/2004 22:36:31
On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 11:08:05PM +0100, Gerald heinig wrote:
> Has anyone tried to compile a kernel natively yet?

I've just started a build with late December sources. I'll post
my results if/when it completes.

> Has anyone tried to compile _anything_ non-trivial yet?

Having just gotten back home for reading week, I see my ip20 had
successfully compiled and installed exim, perl, lynx, screen and
tcsh from pkgsrc back in late December. Are these sufficiently
non-trivial? I'll look into cvs up'ing and rebuilding soon, but
that'll take a little while ;)

As far as non-compiler stability goes, at the time I built those
packages I tried running a few simple stress tests consisting of
pairs of 'openssl speed' loops and large file copies between
partitions. There were no incidents except when I unplugged the
serial cable and inadvertently dropped into ddb.

Cheers,
Steve