Subject: IP20 compile woes
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Gerald heinig <Gerald.Heinig@ngi.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/13/2004 23:08:05
Hi again,

just a quick broadcast to all the IP20 (Indigo 4000) users out there
(all 3 of you :) ).
Has anyone tried to compile a kernel natively yet?
Has anyone tried to compile _anything_ non-trivial yet?

I tried compiling helloworld.c and that's OK. However, when I try to
include stuff like strings.h or something else, I get internal compiler
errors due to segfaults at more-or-less the same places. It's not the
same line every time, but it's usually the same file. I've put new
memory in my machine now (thanks Ozone! The sticks got here today) and
still no joy.

Of course, it could be other hardware dying... I'll try and install Irix
on monday and see what happens.

Cheers,
Gerald