Subject: IP20 memory suckage
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Gerald heinig <Gerald.Heinig@ngi.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/05/2004 22:26:18
Hi all,

I've been trying in vain to get a kernel compiled on my Indigo R4000 and
I've noticed the build keeps dying at slightly different places with an
internal compiler error due to a segfault. I'm assuming this is due to
flaky memory. Does anyone else have any better ideas?

I've discovered a memory checking utility under the FreeBSD ports
system, memtest, which I haven't been able to find for NetBSD. I'll try
and port it over, unless anyone has any better ideas for testing memory
under NetBSD.

Assuming the memory is bad, does anyone have any suggestions for getting
SGI Indigo memory, apart from, say, www.memoryx.com. If it's in Europe,
or even better, in Germany, that would be really cool.

Thanks,

Gerald