Subject: Re: O2 NFS root
To: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
From: Izak Burger <iburger@cs.sun.ac.za>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 01/29/2004 09:22:34
I think the O2 has at least one spare pci slot (mine does).  I installed
a 3com 3c905c in that slot.  Then netboot from the builtin NIC, and swap
to the 3com when the system starts booting.  A little high maintenance
maybe, but in my case I only wanted network access to install on a local
harddrive, not to run on nfs-root.

Say, is there a way to make the O2 netboot via the NIC in the pci slot
rather than the builtin one?  Just curious.

Cheers,
Izak

--
Man who speeds in town reaches red traffic light first.

Izak Burger                                  Email: iburger@cs.sun.ac.za
Homepage: http://www.cs.sun.ac.za/~iburger/  Tel: +27 21 808 4863

Please avoid sending me Word attachments.
See http://www.cs.sun.ac.za/~iburger/noword.html