Subject: Re: O2 not getting tftp responses?
To: Steve Smith <ssmith@vislab.usyd.edu.au>
From: Ilpo Ruotsalainen <lonewolf@iki.fi>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 01/28/2004 11:25:04
On Wed Jan 28 2004 at 16:45:44 +1100, Steve Smith wrote:
> More detail: tftp is setup up on a Debian machine (I've tried tftpd and

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_no_pmtu_disc

Might help. My Indy certainly requires that, any UDP packets with DF set
get discarded when PROM is doing TFTP requests (buggy piece of ...).

Also check that your anonports are limited to under 32768 or so, since
the PROM (at least on Indys) has a sign-bug in port handling.

FWIW, the PMTU trick would be worth mentioning in the port FAQ, it took
me a *long* time to figure out.

--
Ilpo Ruotsalainen - <lonewolf@iki.fi> - http://www.iki.fi/lonewolf/