Subject: Re: O2 not getting tftp responses?
To: Steve Smith <ssmith@vislab.usyd.edu.au>
From: Izak Burger <iburger@cs.sun.ac.za>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 01/28/2004 09:23:31
I recall a bug in dhcp that causes this problem.  I also had trouble
with it yonks ago when I installed a version of Debian Potato Linux on
an Indy (the Indy's PSU died shortly thereafter, so I had no fun with it
:-( )

On the indy I had to unsetenv netaddr, before it would work:

	unsetenv netaddr

Otherwise it does not boot from the dhcp/tftp server properly.  I also
found that my O2(R10k) boots fine if I use dhcp3 instead.  Just install
dhcp3-server instead (I'm guesing you have the older version of dhcp
installed).

Sheesh, finally I can make a contribution on this list :-)  Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Izak

--
Man who speeds in town reaches red traffic light first.

Izak Burger                                  Email: iburger@cs.sun.ac.za
Homepage: http://www.cs.sun.ac.za/~iburger/  Tel: +27 21 808 4863

Please avoid sending me Word attachments.
See http://www.cs.sun.ac.za/~iburger/noword.html