Subject: O2 not getting tftp responses?
To: None <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Steve Smith <ssmith@vislab.usyd.edu.au>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 01/28/2004 16:45:44
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is directly related to the NetBSD but this seems
the best place to ask.  I'm trying to do a netboot on an O2 R5K (details
at end), but for some reason the bootp loader never seems to get the
image sent to it.

More detail: tftp is setup up on a Debian machine (I've tried tftpd and
atftpd) with the root set to /usr/local/sgimips-netboot (also with -s on
the commandline).  My dhcp setup looks like:

host o2 {
    option host-name "o2";
    hardware ethernet 08:00:69:05:xx:xx;
    fixed-address 192.168.x.x;
    server-name "[tftp-server-ip]:/usr/local/sgimips-netboot";
}

"netbsd-sgimips" is the snapshot image from 20031120.

Booting into the prom I set the netaddr and issue the following command:

    boot bootp():/netbsd-sgimips

I can see the tftp server start sending the file, both in the logs and
using tethereal, but the O2 never seems to receive the packets, and
eventually quits with an "invalid bootfile" message.

Has anyone seen this sort of thing before?  Any tips would be
appreciated.

Regards,
Steve

System details:
---------------

> hinv
                   System: IP32
                Processor: 200 Mhz R5000, with FPU
     Primary I-cache size: 32 Kbytes
     Primary D-cache size: 32 Kbytes
     Secondary cache size: 1024 Kbytes
              Memory size: 320 Mbytes
                 Graphics: CRM, Rev C
                    Audio: A3 version 1
                SCSI Disk: scsi(0)disk(1)
               SCSI CDROM: scsi(0)cdrom(4)

> printenv
AutoLoad=Yes
dbaud=9600
volume=80
sgilogo=y
TimeZone=PST8PDT
monitor=h
crt_option=1
diskless=0
diagmode=v
osloadoptions=auto
netaddr=192.168.x.x
console=d
SystemPartition=bootp():
OSLoader=netbsd-sgimips
OSLoadPartition=pci(0)scsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(0)
OSLoadFilename=/unix
ConsoleOut=serial(0)
ConsoleIn=serial(0)
cpufreq=200