Subject: Re: IP20 (Indigo) support in-tree
To: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
From: Steve Rumble <rumble@ephemeral.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 12/30/2003 22:20:21
On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 11:07:37AM +0900, Christopher SEKIYA wrote:
> *smirk* does your ip12 run?

My Indigo 3k died and the $5 Personal Iris I recently acquired
never had a chance. I should be getting another useless piece of
junk sometime from ebay, but I doubt it'll arrive before I return
to Toronto.

The changes are really quite simple. The biggest difference is
the lack of ARCS, which means using the eeprom directly (I
recently discovered code intree that is much prettier than my
attempt) and utilising a significantly different mach_init()
path. The rest are tiny MIPS1 bits and some clock interrupt
goop. The eeprom work is useful even beyond the ip12 since
add-on hpc1.5-based cards utilise the chip for eaddr, etc.

> it's 20% off on my r4400 ip22 and 100% off on my ip20 (100mhz versus the
> actual 50).

hinv in the prom, and earlier versions of IRIX, report the bus clock.
Your 50mhz Indigo should be 100mhz. Mine reports the same for my
100mhz chip, and 75mhz for the R4400/150. My IP24 has a r4400/100
and the clock code reports the correct value. That 20% off point
sounds a bit suspect, though.

> indeed.  thanks, guys!

I owe you and Rafal a great deal of gratitude.

Cheers,
Steve