Subject: Re: SGI cdrom images
To: None <CaptnZilog@aol.com>
From: Steve Rumble <rumble@ephemeral.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/24/2003 11:40:38
On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 08:04:26AM -0500, phufnagel wrote:
> Also have a couple of old Indigo's (two R3K, on R4K) I want to try the
> Indigo snapshot on when I get a chance.  And, sitting down in the garage,
> I have a Crimson.  One of these days I'll give that a try and see if I can
> get it to at least try to netboot a kernel (even if it fails).

Good timing as it appears IP20 code is creeping into -current. I
think that given the IP12 mess I handed Chris, it'll take a bit
longer to find its way in. There are some older working diffs and
source tarballs at www.cataclysmic.org/sgimips.

I don't think that there's much chance of the Crimson doing
anything useful. It appears to be a totally different beast from
what is currently supported and finding any documentation may
prove impossible :<

Having acquired a personal iris 4d/35, I'll be able to see
whether it behaves as expected during Christmas break. It's
supposed to appear very much the same to software as the R3k
Indigo, but it hasn't been tried yet.

Steve