Subject: Re: Snapshot 20030927 available
To: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
From: david l goodrich <dlg@dorkzilla.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/28/2003 12:29:59
--Apple-Mail-1-560060543

bloody hell!

Command Monitor.  Type "exit" to return to the menu.
 >> boot -f bootp()netbsd-INSTALL_IP22
Setting $netaddr to 10.11.12.20 (from server )
Obtaining netbsd-INSTALL_IP22 from server
   -

and then the minicom session locks up.  netbsd hates me.  :[

any thoughts why this might be happening?  the debian install kernel
netboots, the previous snapshot's kernel segfaults (like it should,
stupid sc processor) ... but this kernel just refuses to boot.
   --david

On Saturday, Sep 27, 2003, at 07:06 US/Eastern, Christopher SEKIYA
wrote:

> All,
>
> I've made another binary snapshot available for download at
> http://www.rezrov.net/netbsd/snapshot-20030927 .  Features of this
> snapshot
> are:
>
> * most sysinst problems have been fixed.  sysinst will still segfault
> at
>   the very end of the installation, but it shouldn't bail before then.
> * more L2 cache streamlining.
> * r10k support has a few fixes.  Memory errors seem to be the norm,
> but it
>   shouldn't die too frequently (although Scott reports serious
> problems with
>   fxp interfaces).
>
> A diff against today's -current is at
> http://www.rezrov.net/netbsd/ip32-20030927 .
>
> Share and enjoy,
>
> -- Chris
> 	GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5  938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F)

--Apple-Mail-1-560060543
	name=PGP.sig
content-disposition: inline
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit