Subject: Re: Snapshot 20030927 available
To: None <wileyc@rezrov.net>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/28/2003 14:40:47
In article <20030927110634.GK6804@rezrov.net>
wileyc@rezrov.net wrote:

> A diff against today's -current is at http://www.rezrov.net/netbsd/ip32-20030927 .

BTW, I'd suggest splitting your patch to integrate it into -current,
i.e. I'd like to know which diff should be committed ASAP,
could be committed without side effect, or should be confirmed/reviewed
(if they won't break other ports etc.) before commiting.

Anyway, I summarized it with a quick glance:

- gcc-3.3.1 stuff
   IMHO, we should commit other stuff (which doesn't require gcc-3.3.1)
   first.

- R10000 cache
   I don't know if this code is right (I'm not a mips guy), but
   it's "better than nothing" and harmless anyway?
   (Um, I should try it on my R10000 O2...)

- R5000sc stuff
   This should be checked on other ports, too?
   Or already confirmed it makes things better?
   (Umm, I should try it on my Tyne or news4000.. (R4600 with L2 cache))

- cosmetic or trivial one (cpuregs.h, genassym.cf, mips_machdep.c etc.)
   Should these be committed right now?

- MI mips pmap (needs to be reviewed?)
  - You remove #if defined(MIPS3_L2CACHE_ABSENT), but isn't it better
    to define options MIPS3_L2CACHE_ABSENT in sgimips/conf/std.sgimips?
  - flush_pcache_anyway variable seems a bit ugly, IMHO.
  etc.

- mace/crime stuff (and other sgimips specific code)
  I think these diffs are O2 specific (or sgimips specific)
  so they could be committed at this point, right?

- ahc diff
  "#if !defined(sgimips)" in MI drivers would not be acceptable.
   Is this really required only on sgimips?
   (IIRC, someone used ahc on arc port without problem.)

- distrib stuff, kernel config files
   We can leave it pending for now?

---
Izumi Tsutsui