Subject: Re: HELP
To: RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com>
From: Daniel Gustafson <daniel@hobbit.se>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/21/2003 23:03:10
On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 14:53:39 -0600 (MDT)
RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com> wrote:

> sorry for my off topic problem.
> I got a R12 400MHz octane system from ebay.
> IT come with IRIX 6.5.13m installed but it is very incomplete.....
> it lacks a lot of things like X11 headers files...
> I am searching for a BASE IRIX 6.5 install so that I can start to
> upgrade using the overlays.
> I am currently unable to install any overlays since my system lacks of
> many important components...
> I really ask some help if someone has a BASE IRIX 6.5 CD sets...
> sorry for my help request but I am really desperate, I ahve a so
> beautiful machien and I Cannot use it....
> thanks

IRIX is not opensource/free software and a license is required. Either
purchase a license directly from SGI or buy one off eBay. Buying from
eBay wont give you a license to run it but at least you have original
media. Search usenet and read Alex Couseins threads on IRIX legalities
to get a picture on how the IRIX licensing works.

	./dege

--
Daniel "DeGe" Gustafson - daniel@hobbit.se - CS Student, Mah Sweden
    -- "The idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas N Adams --