Subject: Re: O2 PCI slot specification
To: Felix Ritter <Felix.Ritter@gmx.de>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/16/2003 03:58:24
In message <1063652025.8575.5.camel@greulix.cevis.uni-bremen.de>, you write:

-> Hi, I would like to add an USB PCI card to my O2. What kind of cards are
-> supported by netbsd that are also supported by the O2 hardware (32/64
-> bit bus?, 5V?). Thank you.

As others have said, it's 64-bit slot, though I'm unsure of voltages.
I think Chris has used a NEC-based USB card in his O2; I haven't tried
one in the O2, but have a VIA-6202 based USB 2.0 card happily running
in my Ultra5 (well, at least it's not x86 :-), even though it seemed
to initially be poo-poohed by people on the lists as non-working.

With Chris' latest patches, I'd be surpised if most any PCI USB card
didn't work.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@pobox.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill