Subject: Cache issues
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/10/2003 10:24:33
On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 08:14:51PM -0500, sgimips NetBSD list wrote:

> Don't forget that my Challenge S that exhibited the same problem was indeed
> an R5K too.

Weird.  Very weird.

I'm starting to wonder if any ip22 machines with SC work properly.  The r4600
has that "special" cache scheme that we interpret as an absense of cache ...
but I thought that that cache mechanism was part of the CPU module rather than
a platform feature.

Short-term fix will probably be an across-the-board SC cache disable for
ip22, if my suspicion is correct.

Related issue -- what is the longest uptime with ip32 that you guys have
seen?  I'm chasing a weird bug (apparently cache related) that causes my
r5k ip32 to fall over during the nightly maintenance script run.  I've
only been seeing this for the past week.

-- Chris
	GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5  938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F)