Subject: Can't disklabel (was Re: New-and-improved snapshot available)
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: sgimips NetBSD list <sgimips@mrynet.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/06/2003 19:11:58
Chris, and other Noggers,

Well, it seems that NetBSD/sgimips is suffering from the NetBSD Legacy...
Defining a disk label in sysinst failes with the infamous "out of space"
error:

 We now have your BSD-disklabel partitions as (Start, End and Size in MB).
 This is your last chance to change it.

        Start       End      Size FStype Newfs Mount Mount point
    --------- --------- --------- ------ ----- ----- -----------
uid 0, pid 62, command sysinst, on /: file system full

/: write failed, file system is full
[1]   Segmentation fault
# Filesystem  512-blocks     Used     Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/md0a         7879     5359      2520    68%    /
kernfs               2        2         0   100%    /kern

I can't get past this, so I'll have to go compute the disklabel
by hand and perform the newfs on each one manually.

I'm too distracted to go looking for the references on the other
lists about this problem, but I've seen it elsewhere (everywhere)? :)

-scott