Subject: off topic Iapologize
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/03/2003 08:17:25
hello,
sorry for the off-topic question.
I just bought a Octane R12K 400MHz on ebay and I Still have to receive it
so that In my life I never touched a SGI machine neither I used IRIX, I Am
complitely new to it. I am used to alphas, sun, Vaxens but not to SGI.

The guy who sold me the machine told me the machine has a pre installed
version of IRIX.
so I Ask to you gurus who surely know IRIX much more than me.
IRIX is usable without a license or the OS is locked if u have no license?
how much costs mroe or less a license for IRIX  for a personal development
or educational use ? IS it forbiddenly expensive ?
I asked a quotation to SGI but they did not reply me in 1 week...

thanks really

Rick