Subject: Re: Challenge S netbootproblem, SCSI?
To: Mark Hoekstra <mark@hoekstra.com>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 03/07/2003 22:12:18
In message <5.2.0.9.0.20030308011238.0283f800@getmail.hoekstra.com>, you write:

->  >> hinv
->                     System: IP22
->                  Processor: 180 Mhz R5000, with FPU
->       Primary I-cache size: 32 Kbytes
->       Primary D-cache size: 32 Kbytes
->       Secondary cache size: 512 Kbytes
->                Memory size: 64 Mbytes
->                  SCSI Disk: scsi(0)disk(1)

Are you trying to boot 1.6, or something more recent?  I'm not sure 1.6 was
ever tested on a R5kSC, but I think the workarounds for lack of secondary
there may have worked well enough... If you're running -current, I'm quite
sure it won't work as in CVS right now both because people have reported
issues with R5kSC Indys and because I still have a bunch of R5k cache code
which I haven't checked in (I should make time to get that checked in RSN).

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill