Subject: Re: Challenge S netbootproblem, SCSI?
To: Rafal Boni <rafal.boni@eDial.com>
From: Mark Hoekstra <mark@hoekstra.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 03/07/2003 19:12:48
>-> wd33c93_wait: TIMEO @877 with asr=x0 csr=x1
>
>I'd make sure that your SCSI bus is correctly terminated, etc.  However,
>there are some known (?) bugs IIRC with timeout handling in the wd33c93
>SCSI driver.  Unfortunately, I forgot all the little SCSI clue I once had,
>so I don't even have good diags for you to try.  Does `hinv' from the PROM
>report the drive OK, or does IRIX see it if you have an IRIX installation?
>
>--rafal

Yes, I guess it was pulled in working order from a serverroom. It boots
IRIX as long as i don't put netBSD over it. I can't do anything with the
IRIX-install as i don't have the rootpass... But anyway, I guess it's
correctly terminated and such...

I also read this on this mailinglist:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sgimips/2001/11/14/0004.html

..seems there's no solution since? Maybe any one a clue for a working
(older) kernel for the Challenge S? I don't mind the mezz-board and my
phobos G100 card won't work(for now) ;-)

mark