Subject: Old ld_elf.so and 1.6P == dead dynamic binaries? (worked with 1.6O)
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org, tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 03/06/2003 04:16:17
Folks:
	I'm trying to get my sgimips hardware up-to-date and came across
	this earlier this evening:

	I was running a 1.6O kernel and an older ld_elf.so (though I can't
	say of what exact date as I blew it away in order to get the box
	up and running and didn't note the date on it).

	I rebuilt a 1.6P kernel as of ~ 1:50 EST, 3/06/2003 to add UNIONFS
	so I could get my userland build going again (needed to union-mount
	some more space to complete the build 8-); after rebooting with the
	new kernel, all dynamic executables I ran would dump core.

	Extracting a base.tgz I had cross-built on 2/28 from my i386 fixed
	things up to run again, but it was strange that things that had no
	issue on 1.6O completely fell over with 1.6P.  Any clues?  I do have
	one or two more sgimips boxes to upgrade, so I'll try and keep my
	eyes better peeled next time (and/or take notes) to see if this is
	just some glitch I hit or a more serious incompatibility.

	The kernels:
/netbsd
	NetBSD 1.6P (BABYLON_SOUND_SYSTEM) #0: Thu Mar  6 02:57:56 EST 2003

/netbsd.old
	NetBSD 1.6O (BABYLON_SOUND_SYSTEM) #0: Tue Feb 25 23:24:39 EST 2003

Any ideas appreciated,
--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill